- Behold, the amazing Triceratops; this dinosaur stuffed animal has been waiting to fill your life with adventure.
- From the tip of the three horns to the end of its tail, This plush toy measures to be 12 inches long.
- Dinosaurs are captivating to all; therefore, people of all ages are sure to cuddle up with this amazing stuffed animal.
- The Prehistoric times could get pretty dirty from adventures, But this plush toy is always ready to be surface washed.
- Realistic stuffed animals like this triceratops are splendid to cuddle up next to, due to being made of high quality fabrics
It is believed that Triceratops ate mostly low growth vegetation such as ferns and shrubbery. Scientists believe that their large volume of teeth suggested that they ate large volumes of fibrous plant material each day and that these large batteries of teeth were needed to replace the ones that were damaged by wear and tear.
Currently, there are two theories which suggest what the horns of the Triceratops were used for. One theory says that this dinosaur’s horns were used to defend itself in combat against other dinosaurs—particularly the T- Rex—which is known to have been the mortal enemy of this animal.
The second theory suggests that this animal’s horns served a very limited purpose in combat and was instead used during courtship rituals. Although the word Triceratops means 3 horned face, this dinosaur actually only had 2 proper horns. The third horn was made out of soft proteins and wasn’t a proper horn. In fact, scientists aren’t really sure what the purpose of this false horn is.
Another interesting fact about triceratops is that almost one third of the length of the Triceratops was its skull. A typical Triceratops was approximately 26 feet long (or 8 meters), while its skull was approximately 7 feet long (or 2.33 meters long). The Triceratops could weigh anywhere between 6 and 12 tons.
This dinosaur measured over 10 feet in height. This dinosaur has approximately 400 to 800 teeth during the course of its lifetime. However, it didn’t use all of these teeth at one time. It was constantly replacing them throughout its lifetime as it wore them out